Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding around the UK/Irish country side.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by OC1, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Has anyone hired a bike and gone for a days (maybe a few days) ride around the country side in these countries?

Whilst I think hiring a bike in London would be a nightmare, the countryside would be a relaxing ride if only spending a day seeing a few sights.

2. PM speedbump or sirprice, they're from them parts :)

3.  Top
  4. Hmmm...I'm from the uk, and when i was there in september for my sisters wedding i tried to hire a bike - but was nigh on imposisble in newcastle - my mates told me i could use theirs - but was told that dont bother hiring them out so much as they are so cheap to buy...

Now I've gotta admit that Newcastle is a lot diffferent to London - in more ways than you could imagine - and I didnt look into it too far as I was busy with wedding and hen do's etc...but the roads wqould be well worth a blatt if you can do it...

Good Luck...

5. Cold. Cold. And wet. Did I mention cold?

And people from Geordieland speak a sort of pseudo English dialect. Quickly. It's cold. And snows all year around. :p

But the girls are gorgeous! Or is that just Kerry? And don't challenge anyone from the NE to a drinking competition. You will lose and probably die.

6. Im of to scotland with my lovely wife and we will be hiring bikes for a week at least.
    There is a place in Nottingham that do sportsbikes, I think its called GREENLIGHT.

Also have a look through here...

http://bikesource.co.uk/index.php?viewCat=41

Im from Scotland and benn in Oz almost 5 years. I never had a license over there but I do now and im dying to do the roads as its Twisty heaven. You dont have to go far in Scotland to find a twisty road. Infact it be harder to find a straight one.

7. Lmao Cejay - you sir are a crack up :LOL: :grin: :LOL: