Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riding and Photography Gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by PeterPorker80, Jun 14, 2013.

1. So I'd initially thought my two hobbies wouldn't cross paths much (if at all) but I'm thinking it'd be pretty cool to take along my camera gear on rides.

If you take gear bulkier than a phone or a point-and-click, what do you pit it in?

Backpack? If on a tankbag, do you care about vibrations?

I'm thinking I'd want to carry my D700, a small-sized wide prime, 24-70mm, and maybe a tripod for night shots.

Any suggestions?

2. Ask Motographer. He'll be the best person to answer.

3. Have mine in a camera padded protector then into the tail bag. I bring a backpack sometimes to put the gorrilapod. my slr seem to be surviving the travels so far.

4. I bought a little Canon SX50 for taking on trips. It's survived a few drops so far

5. I just throw my camera in its bag, in the Kreiga tail bag.

No problems yet.

6. I've been putting a D3s and 24-70/2.8 in my tank bag. One day I put the 300/2.8 and D3s in my tail bag and went to Broadford track. It's too big and heavy though. I since bought a Nikon 1 V1 to take on rides, decent picture quality in a much smaller package.

7. I'll look into the tail bag option. Not really keen on a tank bag. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

8. I normally use a tank bag, well used to use as i sold my camera body to fund more motorcycling.

The oxford cheap ones are great, used to fit a 7D, 28-135mm lens, 10-20mm lens as well as heaps of other shit and non camera related stuff. I normally just pad the bag with a t shirt on the bottom of the bag.