Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider's at Stanwell Tops

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by tim650, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Hi guys, on the weekend a friend and I wanted to get our bikes out for a nice coastal ride along Lawrence Hardgrave Drive upto Stanwell Tops.
    And on our trip we noticed alot of people out and about riding so there was a hell of a lot of noding to fellow riders.
    Was there a cruise on (it was Saturday) or do alot of people ride up there? Any Netrider's?, it would be a good opportunity for those new/current members to chat.
    It was also good to see some nice bikes including two old school Ducati's, a 1098 afterwards, and variety of sportsbikes and BMW Dakar which was tuff. And surprisingly it wasn't windy. We certainly enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again through the twisty's.

That last pic was funny as riders were going home on the Freeway they looked at us with a WTF!!! look on their face as to how we managed to get down there, but it was easy and good for photo's. Sorry mine aren't so good, camer phone.

If people are interested to ride in future should post up, in the "Ride Planner" of course if they are keen :grin: :grin:

2. Moved to Road diaries.

Tim, I think you should review the GDD sticky in the General forum.

Thanks for sharing the story by the way. :)
  3. Oopps, My Bad :oops: . I read the sticky on not generating expression of interest for ride plans.

Thanks mate.
  4. You should see it on a sunny Sunday spring morning... no room to park at Bald Hill (Stanwell Park)... Which is why our friendly Police 'Service' love it too...