Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Riders are the best people

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by templemonkey, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Yesterday I was riding along the Eastern Freeway at around midday when my KLX ran out of petrol a bit earlier than I was expecting. Unfortunately, due to the tank fittings, it doesn't have a reserve tap. Oh well, my bad!

Anyway, I could see the Chandler Highway exit sign in the distance and knew that there was a servo a short distance from there. Time for a stroll with the bike.

I must have pushed it for maybe 50 metres when I noticed a car pull over in front of me. Looking up, it was a Range Rover with an empty bike trailer!

Big thanks go to Peter who was returning from dropping his Laverda off at the mechanic - getting a lift with my bike to the servo made my day.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

2. thats really awesome... bet it made your day

3. Well done Peter !!!

[​IMG]

4. that made my day... though, to be fair, it's been a pretty crap day.

:woot: @ topic

5. if that was me, i would of given u 1 of these while driving past

simpsons_nelson_haha3.

:LOL: :LOL:

6. hey mate, nice one on the lift... ummm bummer about the reserve tap... I think i maybe have to bring the larger fuel tank around this week :)

7. couldn't have laind the bike down and tipped it up to get what was left in the other side of the tank above the petcock? should have got you to the servo.

8. What a top bloke, the world needs more people like this cause you never know when or if it could happen to you..

Luck was on your side that day :grin:

9. Lucky you!!!

10. What a champion guy! Good to know there are still people out there capable of random acts of kindness.

11. Brilliant. Haha you must have been hearing golden harp style music :p

12. haha thats awesome - lucky you!