Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider without a bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jeremy ridgeway, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Hi all out there , I am a 40 ish guy from the Geelong area that would like to come along for a ride occasionally if you have a spare bike ,. I sold my great old CX500 last year to do home renos and can't yet afford a replacement . I am a reasonable if not fast rider and have all my own gear. So if you want some company on a ride drop me a line. Cheers

2. Welcome Jeremy, good luck in finding a generous bike owner, people are generally protective of their babies. Maybe if you offered to insure the bike you may find a white knight.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I apperciate the reply , mabye I didnt think it through that well but I have Asbergers and sometimes things get lost in translation. I think I will just have to start saving like hell to afford a bike of my own. Many thanks,Jez.
  4. No worries Jez, I know it is difficult being without a bike, I have been there myself at times. The CX500 was a classic machine and a pity you had to let it go. Set your goal to get back on a bike and you will soon be there. Once you are back aboard perhaps get along to one of the overnight weekend rides. Good Luck.