Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style {moved from General}

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by PhilC, Jun 11, 2011.

1. #1 PhilC, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    [URL="]
    [/URL]

(Sorry if it's posted elsewhere, I did look)

2. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

looks like he went wide and then panic braked. A very positive release by nswpol, I approve.

3. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

Saw the cop/an oncoming car, slammed on the brakes going round the bend and lost it?

Either that or he slipped on the white lines, he was barely in his lane as is.

At least he wasn't hurt though

4. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

Not a bad piece of driving by the cop either. Well done, that man.

It's a bit far away to be sure, but I think maybe a combination of rear brake and white line and 'Oh shit! That's a cop!' There's some raindrops on the windscreen, too.

5. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

L? plate rider, probably trying to keep up with the more experienced rider. Besides the message that you should be riding at your own pace (instead of riding somebody else's ride), another message is that experienced riders should be thinking more about the learner riders under their care.

6. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

Yeah fair effort by the cop to avoid him.

7. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

He hit the white lines by my eye, theres Zero grip on doeble white lines in soaking rain unfortunately! Great driving by the cop though props to that!

8. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

I just posted this in multimedia, didnt see this thread, least i posted it in the right spot :)

9. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

On the note of white lines, In NSW they seems to now be mixing the pain with a nice rough gritt. Has anyone noticed if its helping in the wet at all?

I went up Bulli pass the other day, and they painted dirty big white arrows in the lane in the middle of a decent corner down the bottom. My first thought was why dont they thing of a bikes safety! hate t hit one in the rain

10. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

props to the cop,
    great driving

11. Re: Motorcyclist lowside near miss with a cop car - Batemans Bay

Great outcome! Charge: failing to indicate when changing lanes

12. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

Heh - I considered posting it there but I felt it had a gravitas that warranted posting in the far more frequented forum and raised the message above the medium.

(That's my excuse, I'm sticking to it)

13. Damn he must have hit the back brakes heavy!
    The best is to just keep riding, by the time you see them they most likely clocked you anyway :(

14. Bummer, they crashed on the most enjoyable part of the whole kings highway for motorcycles. Definitely need some training there.

15. Re: Rider tries to trip up police car, wombat style

The 'paint' with glass beads or similar grit embedded makes a pretty big difference to the slip-resistance when wet, done right.

For example; a normal 'paint'ed white line is usually around 20-30BPN on the British Pendulum slip tester. Asphalt is usually in the 60s and 70s, while the gritted 'paint' is typically in the mid to high 50s. Not quite as good as bare asphalt, but much much much much much much much much better than regular 'paint'.

('Paint' in inverted commas because the heavy-duty linemarkings aren't actually paint as such)

16.  Top
  17. Great bit of driving by the cop, to bad the one on the telle was an idiot.
    "This should be a wake up call for the motorcycleist"
    Huh? Surely that's not the best line they could come up with.

18.  Top
  19. What is wrong that with that really? It should be a wake up call, motorcyclists should know and be able to avoid white lines. Sliding towards oncoming traffic is a life and death thing. In this particular case the rider was lucky it was a trained and alert driver coming the other way.

20. Well - it certainly woke the cop up.