Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider training

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mr_messy, Jul 29, 2007.

1. I'm looking at doing the HART intermediate course.
    HART offer $25 off their normal prices if it's done on a weekend and another $25 off if you bring a friend. Total of $50 per person.

I work a rotaing shift and the earliest weekday I'm availible is 14 15 16 August.

At them moment their site states dates for the intermediate courses are to be announced.

I know I'm going to spend my money somehow, and better that I spend it on something as training than another pair of gloves or helmet.
  2. hey,

let me know how it goes if do decide to do it, im also looking at something similar in the near future.

3. I'll try to set some money aside for this. That way I can commit to it, instead of impulsively buying stuff
    Then when the time comes, I'll add to this post
  4. did it a few weeks ago and had a ball. slowish speed stuff but the hornets do go a bit. learned heaps.
  5. Hey,
    Just looking from the pics on the HART site, I'm reminded of the gymkhana vids on youtube.

Is it anything like that? Tight turns, zig zags, U turns, etc..
  6. How often do they conduct the training ?
  7. yep. but theres a fair bit of braking (emergency and corner) swerving (that bloody machine they had for our licences again but faster) and throttle control (slalom course of witches hats) a bit of real slow and U turns and a free session around the course where they ride along with their megaphone and correct your problems.
  8. I should call them and ask for dates.
    For some reason I just don't like making phone calls though.
    Definitely on the to do list but.
  9. You'll have a ball, best money you'll spend in ages.