Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Training

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Garido, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hi there,

Anyone done the Intermediate or Advanced HART Rider Training at Tullamarine in Melbourne? Any suggestions as to how good it was?

Cheers, Garido

2. I have done Advanced at St Ives in Sydney, it was nice to do some drills but I didnt get much out of it I felt, but I had been riding for 15 years at the time. I was given it as a present.

Would still like to do their dirt course as the instructors did know what they were talking about.

Oh they did show us how to pick up a bike. That was the part that was probably the most useful for me lol.

3. I've done both and got a fair bit out of them. They are both emergency braking, swerving, slow riding, cornering but the advanced is faster. Its at the police training range and the intermediate is at Somerton. They pick up on your flaws and help you sort them out.

4. Hi Gardo,

Might I suggest you ask in the 'New Riders' section where you'll get a much better response?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your thoughts and commentary guys. I might give it a try (will be a Xmas present from the better half).

Cheers

6. What twist n go said. I try and do one or the other every few years.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'

7. I did the HART intemidiate a few months ago at summerton. I didnt feel like I got much out of it.

8. As in off the ground?

9. Yes, first thing they did was kick one of their own bikes over (ok it had crash bars) and show us how to pick it up. There is a technique.

Good thing to practice everyones bike will end up on the ground at some point.

10. Ha. Thats pretty cool. Wouldn't mind learning the technique fir that.