Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Training & Licensing

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Nine Volt Heart, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. I'm in Hobart, but leaving for 4 months in Brisbane, in the New Year.
    In Tasmania, it's 6 months on L's and then, on P's, you can only get a bike
    over 400cc by applying for an exemption. The largest bike with an exemption is a 650 (rated at 150 kilowatts per tonne).

    With my L's, I can change my Tassie licence over to a QLD one, then do a rider course with Q-Ride, and on passing, be given an open motorcycle licence and get the bike I really want as opposed to one within a small range of enforced CC's.

    Could someone who has done a two or three day Q-Ride course offer some feedback on their experience? That would be very welcome and helpful.