Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Survivor @ Canungra Sunday 20th

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by kooler2, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For those that went on thr ride last Sunday its the small town that we went through just before beechmont that had all the bikes in it. So have a read.
    Motorcycle riders - you can have your say on road safety issues at a Rider Survivor Day at Canungra on Sunday 20 April 2008. The Rider Survivor Day is brought to you by Queensland Transport and Queensland Police Service. The aim of the day is to increase the awareness of the road safety issues associated with motorcycle riding in the area. Rider Survivor days have previously been held at Canungra and at Mt Glorious and were well supported.

On the day there will be static displays and information for riders along with a DVD showing safety awareness information.

Police, ambulance and fire & rescue officers will profile what happens in the event of a serious crash.

You will be able to have your say on motorcycle road safety through a survey which will provide some insight into how to better address road safety outcomes for motorcycle riders.

You will have a chance to win one of five $100 vouchers for motorcycle safety gear.

A free sausage sizzle will be provided. Klick on the Link for the Flyer

http://www.ulysses.org.au/branches/lockyer/pdfs/Rider Survivor.pdf

2. Rider Survivor day a farce

This was a waste of time for those who made the effort to ride to Canungra for the Rider Survivor day. Electronic, digital signs before and after Canungra had been in place for almost a week, flashing news of a sausage sizzle on the day.

This morning, at 9, I rode into Canungra to find the same sign telling me that "Rider Survivor Day cancelled due to rain". Someone must have forgotten to tell the sky, which was cloudy, with larhe patches of blue, and NO rain. The clear, fine weather continued all day. Perhaps the odd shower might have blown over. I live 7 k's from Canungra and can testify to the fine weather all day.

So what happened? Did the organisers, in their collective wisdom check the forecast on television and decide to cancel? Did they look out the window, see rain in Bisbane or Southport and make immediate assumptions?

It's just not good enough. Those that made the effort to attend this crucial day were disappointed. Finally, don't bikers ride in the rain, anyway?

I'd like to hear an explanation.

3. That really is poor form

4. So what you are trying to tell me is that the Government, well the Government employees have F==ed up. Nah, me thinks that they couldn't find anyone that had the skills to cook the sausages or light the gas, or slice the onions or take the top off the sauce, or figure out what sides up in regards to the bread............Just wait till they form a committee to sort it all out and it will be a goer. :rofl:

5. Before working a bbq all government employees must undergo a bbq utensil safety course, and file the appropriate form (332224AAAF).

6. Hey Kezza how do you hear about these things? I wouldn't mind going to the next one and being a lazy forum checker I'll probably miss it from reading it too late :oops:

Also has anyone been to one of those Advanced Rider days, I was going to book in to one but hesitated when they recommended insurance?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.