Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider survey: please complete

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' at netrider.net.au started by John_M, May 28, 2010.

1. An online survey of riders is being conducted by ARTD Consultants on behalf of QLD Department of Transport & Main Roads for a TMR research project. It is open to all riders nation-wide. Please complete the survey and feel free to circulate the link:

http://www.e-valuate-it.com/survey/RidersQLD

If you have any questions, email: ridersurvey@artd.com.au

2. John, just to be upfront about it all mate, I think it might be time to declare your affiliations.

You seem to be rather plugged into the road safety machinery of Queensland.

3. Survey has been surveyed (y)

4. plus one robsalvv

5. Yep please declare your affiliations, it is common courtesy.

6. Posted at 5pm, closed at 7pm. Wow.

7. what was the purpose of this survey?

8. Hi
    I apologise for not saying up front, my affiliations: I am a Ulysses Club member (#19590) who represents the club on the Qld Motorcycle Safety Advisory Group. The QMSAG is chaired by Qld Transport & Main Roads department. Other rider reps on the QMSAG include Lorrie Hemming for the Australian Motorcycle Council, Dennis Chester for the MRAQ and Lindsay Granger for Motorcycling Australia (Qld).

I am also the Qld rep on the Ulysses Club's Road Safety Committee. Others on this committee include Neville Gray for MRA SA (National Road Safety Coordinator), John Hooker for MCC of NSW, Shaun Lennard for TAS & AMC chair, Andy Luck on VMAC for Vic, Jen Woods for MRA ACT, and David Wright for MRA WA.

For info on the survey, go to my previous thread: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=112415

It seems some respondents to the survey are already receiving a message that the survey is full. It was only this afternoon I was asked by email to circulate the message that the survey was open. I have responded this evening to the consultants letting them know of the problem. I await a response from the ARTD consultant (not holding my breath on a Friday night).
    Cheers
    John Meara

9. Thanks for that John :)

10. ohhhhhh......
    a dim light brightens

11. I can understand why a survey would close but why would it be full?

12. maybe they wanted to survey a certain amount of people only

13. Please wait until at least Monday evening to have another go at the survey...
    I would hope they want many thousands of responses - to have a very large sample; so hopefully all will be well again next week.

14. Welcome to active time on the forums John. :)

Post up a little more, we could use our Northern brothers views on road topics...

15. Please try again

Andrew Hawkins, Senior Consultant at ARTD Consultants, advised that at 3:30 pm this arvo, the issue with the survey should now be resolved.

If you tried earlier and got the "survey full" message, please try again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

16. Survey is open again. Just completed it. They ask a few motherhood type questions which I suspect will only get the answer they expect (e.g. When I'm riding I am in my own little world and I ignore other traffic as much as possible - Duhhhh!!!) but otherwise seemed OK.

17. <table class="pBGcolor" width="780" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="surveyText">Your survey responses have been submitted!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr> <tr><td> </td><td><table width="750" border="0"> <tbody><tr><td width="10"> </td><td width="*"> </td><td width="10"> </td></tr> <tr><td> </td><td class="surveyText">Thank you for your invaluable feedback.
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>