Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

rider stuck in the middle of the road

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pottsy44, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ok today i was cruising around and was coming down narellan road, as was roughly 8-10 other bikes (i didnt know them), we were all within 50 or so metres of each other.

then at one of the major intersections on this road there was a guy on an aprilla rs125 stuck near the middle of the road, he had some mechanical failure, and cars were having to divert around him. he was in a really dangerous position.

now the thing that amazed me is not one rider stopped! so i waited till i found an opening in the median strip and turned back to go help the guy.

i helped him push it to the side of the road, while leaving my bike in the middle. i managed to get it started by giving it plenty of gas and sent him on his way.

i was quite suprised no one else stopped, there was even plenty of bikes going in the opposite direction. *sigh* :roll:
  2. awesome stuff for stopping. It's not surprising at all though :(

2 Ducatis went past me as I lay in the middle of Bridge road, they must have phone ordered their lattes ;)
  3. Good on you for stopping. Was the rs125 yellow and black? I've seen one around here that colour and he was having some trouble starting it the last time I saw it.
  4. na it was one of those black/grey ones, i think its about an 02/03 model? but yea. it was the set of lights that go in the botannical gardens.
  5. My God Man! One must not let one's Latte get tepid! :LOL:
  6. Pasing a guy with a mechanicle fault is poor form, but when someone is laying on there side it should be a stoning offence.
  7. Have to agree with falcon-lord...
    Surprises me theres people out there that could actually do that!

Good on you pottsy for stopping!
  8. well done and good carma to you -