Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider steals car after coming off bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Shakows, Jun 4, 2009.

1. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25587576-421,00.html

I could hardly believe it when I read the article.
    The rider comes off after being chased for lane splitting(the merits for that are for another thread I think)

Lady pulls over to help and he steals her car, and almost runs her over

There is another thread about changing peoples perception of riders, this is way to screw that to high heaven.

I hope they catch him and lock him up

Love the typo in the article " Fortunately the woman's 13-year-old son, who was in the vehicle, had the presence of mind to hump out, he said
  2. it's a stolen bike and the guy didn't want to get caught.
    "Insp McDonald said the registration number of the Triumph 1000 motorcycle was false and its identification numbers had been scratched off."
  3. This happened right outside my house, I only saw the aftermath and thought the rider might have been seriously hurt cause there were detectives around as well as all the regular cops and ambos.

After reading this I regret hoping the rider was okay.
  4. People will do mostly anything when they are desperate.
  5. Thats why work christmas parties are such happy places :p
  6. :cool: :LOL: :LOL: Gold!!
  7. weiirrrrddd
    lets start some speculation tho... i reckon the guy was running from a bank heist on stolen bike and wanted to get away at any cost.
  8. Not my work..... ewwww
  9. Best you change jobs, F.A T.
  10. "The Ugly Side of Riding"??
  11. Bad xmas parties... :eek:
  12. I dont think this is the case. I think the offender actually meant to slide the bike. I think this is a government conspiracy. I think in a weeks time, the cops will find the offender and throw the book at him (Or make it look like they did) to make them look like the good guys. Keeping crime off the streets!

Vote 1 for Government Conspiracy. ;)
  13. he was late for a train, and didn't realise that connex is always late any way and had plenty of time to get there.
  14. was it really wet that day?

....fairweather riders :grin:
  15. The road was wet at the time but not raining. The bend where he came off there are these little waves/bumps in the road, which probably lifted his tyres off the road and flew into the gutter.

What a fool!
  16. The worst part about this, is the motorist would be less inclined to help a fallen motorcyclist in future :-(
  17. that was my thought aswell mate.