Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider o'takes unmarked car at 200 km/h

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chairman, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Now I know I shouldn't be impressed by this, and the hoon involved should be soundly smacked and sent to bed without supper, and his nanny should take away his toy, but...

2. Stolen plates me quess.
  3. Hmm, guess he was stuck in third.
  4. hehehe the herald sun had one today that got busted.

bloke from perth got done at 181km/h in a 60 zone. had his licence for a week. has charges instead now.
  5. Sounds like Deyago has been giving the Manbike a workout again :grin: :grin: :grin:
  6. :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah "police estimate".................

wait til they find him have to explain their estimate coz he's on a CB250! :oops: :LOL:
  7. They recorded the plate and will conduct a search?

Seems to me they are talking crapola :)

If they were armed with the plate then the pursuit would not have lasted 2 minutes.
  8. +1

They would have just headed to the registered address... Thats a scare tactic to the rider to hand themself in, so that they may cop a less of a charge... :roll:
  9. Based on the story, s/he'd have to have ridden under the Greive Pde camera. (Cairnlea, WRR, WGF, Altona Nth, Millers Rd) Smile! But I agree - something smells fishy, and it's not the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble.
  10. does that camera work on all 4 lanes or just the two merging in lanes?
  11. The Grieve Pde cam covers all 4 lanes, the merging lanes are well and truly merged by the time you get to the camera.
    The rider may have been passed the camera at the Ballarat road off ramp before they decided to nail it.

The camera at the Boundary road off ramp would have gotten the rider first should they have escaped the first one. Then the Grieve pde one.

More bullshit stories from the paper to aint riders as speeding people that crash in Tasmania......no wait, that was just me :LOL:
  12. That camera takes front on shots so not much good for catching a bike.
  13. errghh no..
  14. Maybe he had one of those plate flippers :cool:
  15. Probably had no plates on the bike if they went out early in the morning for some high speed runs.

16. Do they have cameras in police cars now? I'm pretty sure they do in the US so my guess is that's the only way they could have the plate number. Otherwise, I think you're right there Vic.
  17. Eyes have a better chance of getting the plate than ICV.
  18. What's the penalty for riding without a number plate?
  19. Didn't you read the cops have the plate apparently LOL... If they had the plate, the cops woulda busted him already and then story would be "rider caught doing 200km/h caught out by number plate when he got home".
  20. "Police are still investigating"
    read also; "we ain't got shit"