Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider on Nicholson St around 7:30am this morning (melb)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dims, Oct 8, 2007.

1. To the guy or girl riding towards the city on Nicholson St (MEL8) (about 500m before Moreland Rd) around 7:30am this morning.

I'm the guy that pulled out in front of you in the white work ute with a red and white work logo on the side of the car.

Sorry if i scared the sh1t out of you. I didn't see you until i had already pulled out of the street. I had checked for cars and everything but once i pulled out i noticed u in the left lane.

Apologies again.

2. Apology accepted... bastard. :LOL:

j/k wasent me. :p
  3. We got another SMIDSY over here, boys!

(Sorry mate, I didn't see you)
  4. Do you work for the Red Cross or an ambulance service???

Can I call Captain Irony?
  5. Hehe...no i don't....but i do have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the car....

Whats a SMIDSY?
  6. Obviously he didn't pull out in front of Groberts or he'd be the guy in the white ute with no mirrors :shock:

7. Sorry Mate I Didn't See You

8. Just like the original reference :LOL:
  9. if it had of been me you would have been asking for your mirror back :wink:

but kudos for at least putting up an appology .
  10. and if it was my mirror you smashed, you wouldnt have the ability to ask for anything back.....

oh :wink:
  11. i eat broken glass from mirrors

12. haha

That explains a few things then Joel! :p :LOL:
  13. Hey Ashe , same person differant name
    16 and counting :wink:

work ute ..............hayabusa................work ute..................hayabusa.

nup think i would get away with it .
  14. you wouldnt beat mine, unless you can go faster than a .22, and they are pretty fast ;)
  15. This is where i Get scared. Is there any sign saying to the other vehicle that I'm a very very newbie :?: :mad:

16. An "L" plate, but then you get hassled by retards.
  17. L plate stuck on back (even if you legally aren't one) can help ;)

I saw an L plater with an R1 riding with another L plater with a CBR 1000RR 1-2 weeks ago in Richmond. Who knows if they were 'really' L-platers who wearing them for a joke or some other thought.
  18. lets see
    shaking and wobbling all over the road.
    A que of cars 5 miles long behind you.
    Travelling at either a extremelly slow pace or warp speed out of your capabilitys.
    If you are lane splitting bouncing your way of every car in the line
    yep I think that shows car drivers that you may be on "L's"
    :wink: :grin: :grin: :grin:

High visability vest will help.
  19. I think you can get booked for that! I remember years ago i had a driving lesson in my mums car and put my L plate on. She used the car later that day and forgot to take em off and got pulled up. Copper said he could book her for it but let her off.

Wh ywould you ride a big bike with an L plate?! Youre just BEGGING to be pulled over!
  20. Aarrrggghhhh, describes the noob I got stuck behind on mountain highway on Sunday. He wobbled around every corner at like 25 - 40km/h max. Stiff as a board... didn't look through any corners... many surprises mid corner going by the mid corner jitters of the bike... yes yes yes, I know I know, we were all noobs once... I'm not being unkind! I feared for his safety!

I was sending him mental telepathy to move over so that the queue would get past and leave him unpressurised and better able to focus on his ride.

The first car was being VERY unkind and tailgating...

As someone who mentors noobs, this guy made me VERY nervous... he definitely needs to be taken under someones wing.

Ah well.

Dan, having an L plate doesn't mean folks will be generous with you. In fact, if you go into traffic or onto roads you're clearly not capable of handling yet, then you'll unfortunately inspire agitation in the other road users. This topic is well covered in these forums. It's not right or fair, but it's the way it is.

Do yourself a favour. The best thing to do is get all your basic bike control skills down pat in suburbs or industrial estates. If you have to "think" of the procedure to down shift or brake or turn etc, then I would class that as NOT "down pat".

Once you're not spending any mental energy on keeping the bike upright, you'll be able to tackle more technical situations like Mountain highway, freeway traffic etc with much more confidence - minimising the chance of raising other road users ire.