Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider hits 200kmh during pursuit [Melb]

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mouth, Jan 10, 2008.

2. [nelson]ha-HA![/nelson]
  3. He should try harder, I reckon.
  4. That you Kishy? :p
  5. bluddie hope not
  6. I'm really going to have to start treating these newspaper reports like New Bike threads...

"Your article's shit without pics of the bike, Mr Journalist!"
  7. We may get to see it after the magistrate has had a viewing.
  8. wasnt tryin hard enough was he
  9. Of course I think speeding is quite dangerous, nowadays... and I don't suggest for a minute any of the readers here would willfully speed...

wow... bring back the 70's and 80's.... I used to treat my speedo's like my tacho's back then :LOL: :LOL: off the clock was the norm...

I obviously did something right to be here today... times have changed, adapt or get booked... sad. :cry:

:LOL: :LOL:
  10. must have been stuck in 3rd :p

someone had to say it!!
  11. Was my first thought and then I tried to think all grown up and responsible

Yeah right :LOL:
  12. What an idiot to ride an unregged bike with wrong plates on it and be speeding (well, ANY traffic offences/riding style to bring police attention to you)

I guess he read the blitz on beach rd/st kilda etc on here so was at least riding in Nth Melb to try to beat the police that way ;)
  13. unregistered bike $15000
    invalid plate number $100
    speeding $5 petrol
    caught by police - priceless
  14. The article, and the policemans comment seems quite blase about displaying another vehicles plates, just mentioning it in passing then letting it drop.

I would have thought that was one of the more serious aspects of it. Unregistered is bad enough, but changing plates is a serious and wilful act of deception (unless of course he bought it that way and did no checks whatsoever)!

Butz. :beer:
  15. My high horse is broken, but if it wasnt.................................. :LOL:

Owned :LOL: :LOL:
  16. What an IDIOT!

Imagine running from the cops when you're not 100% certain you can get away :evil: :twisted: :LOL:
  17. That's why it's great knowing where parks are where the walkways are blocked by poles so only people, bikes can get into around the 'burbs

*cough* :eek:
  18. I concur.
  19. must, must have been stuck in 3rd :LOL:
  20. Happened to hear Dale Maggs call into 3AW about this and although I think I know what we was trying to say he ended up sounding like he was trying to justify what the idiot did wasn't all that bad.

I reckon the rider has watched to many American cop shows and thought he could out run the Police........