Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Down :(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Heard on the 3AW radio news earlier tonight that there was a bike vs truck accident in Devon Meadows this arvo.

Male rider died on scene, female pillion to hospital with serious leg injuries :(

My sympathies and thoughts are extended to their family & friends.
  2. My condolences to their families and friends in this tragic time
  3. If it's the same crash, Dale Maggs, MRA pres, came across the scene. Fellow and his son were on their way home from a ride to Healesville when the father crashed.

That's as bad as it gets, when a family member sees a loved one go down like that.
  4. sympathies from myself and the family.

Stay safe out there people - we've lost far too many.
  5. Very Sad News indeed. Let us know if Netrider is donating financially to the family or whatever.
    Be safe people.
  6. At the bottom of http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Left-for-dead/2005/04/17/1113676646777.html

"The death of a man, 48, on a motorcycle on the South Gippsland Highway at Devon Meadows last night took Victoria's road toll to 117 for the year, 18 more than last year. Police said the man was carrying a female pillion passenger when they clipped a truck, lost control of the bike and hit another vehicle. The Somerville man died at the scene; the woman had serious injuries."

Condolences to family and friends.
  7. Very sad indeed, My most sincere condolences to the family and friends in this most unfortunate event. :(

8. There was also another rider struck by a car in Humpries Road, Mt Eliza, earlier in the day. The paper says the rider was seriously injured. :cry:
  9. another brother down :(

10. Not good news. Condolences to the rider's family and friends.
  11. well i think theres been over 13 riders so far this year who havw died on vic roads
  12. Jeeez... Aren't those wonderful Victorian speed cameras doing a great job :)evil: sarcasm)

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of the rider.