Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Scumbag, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Had some news this morning on my way to work, my wife, Eleanor, has come down and was being looked after by the ambo's. Unfortunately I do not have anymore details other than that at the moment but will be finding out more later this morning,
    According to the caller she was ok, just had an update from the hospital as I type this, they are doing xrays and she has a good bruise on her lower leg. I will get more details later. It sounds as though she was hit by a car.
    more to follow later.
    Not happy Jan
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2. Bummer! :(

Hope she's OK mate, you should get your arse down to that hospital with a big bunch of flowers and a big box of chockies ASAP I reckon!

funny, but the most scared I've every been is when the wife goes to hospital :cry:

JJ

3. Sorry to hear your news Scumbag. I hope your wife is ok.

Cheers
    Lids

4. Sorry to hear that Scumbag :(

Keep us updated on how she is doing.. hopefully it's not too serious :? :(

5. Going to get to the hospital as soon as I can, will wait and find out who has all her gear that was on the back and pick that up on the way through. Not sure about bike condition but will find that out as well. Getting away from work is a little hard for me. I have to have approval to do so.

6. brian ,
    i am glad she is all right .
    it isnt good news , but the fact that she is ok is great news
    my mobile is 0425873437
    ring me if you need any help , may even be able to help recover the bike .
    i have my phone with me .
    regards
    Glen

7. Brian, I'm really sorry to hear the news....I hope Eleanor is OK. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know as I have today off.

Pass on my best wishes.

8. Tks Glen, I am going to need help at some stage, I came off my mountain bike on the weekend and my shoulder is still not the flashest. I have the guys from my work as well who will give me a hand. So should not have a shortage of bodies to move stuff around.

9. Bummer!!!

Hope there's no serious injuries.

10. I'm glad to hear El is mostly all right Brian. Pass on all our best wishes.

11. I'm sending good vibes through the ether to you and your wife scumbag.

12. More info, sounds as though someone did a u-turn into her.
    More to follow as I get info.

13. Bloody Hell, I hope Elle is OK. She had really started getting her confidence up so make sure she gets back onto a bike as soon as she is able.
    Now off you go, get her some flowers and when you can, let us know how she is.

14. Scumbag,

Hope your wife is okay.

Best regards and a speedy recovery.

Greg

15. Positive thoughts headed in both your directions. Glad to hear she is ultimately OK. Hope you speak with her shortly.

16. Man that's crap! Even in a family emergency? That's harsh.

Hope the missus is okay mate. :)

17. Thinking of your wife for a speedy recovery.

18. mate
    hope the missus is ok...
    doesn't sound too bad , but any off hurts (I know)

get that claim into the TAC
    and make sure she starts getting treatment asap

wish her a speedy recovery

cheers

19. hope all is good mate,i hope u have details of the bloody person who done the u turn

20. Shit man,

Hope all is well, best wishes to Elle.

As with Glen if you need a hand my number is 0400 959 023, I can come and go from work anytime, may even be able to use the work ute or truck if you need,

Matt