Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Down thread

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Tooley, Feb 5, 2010.

1. I'm not sure if this is the right spot on the forum but hopefully some people will take notice:

I just witnessed a motorcycle accident on Canterbury Road in Heathmont. Before I go on, I am a rider myself and ride on weekends, commute to work and ride in all weather. I hope the rider in question, if he is a member of this group or not, recovers quickly and completely.

I feel compelled to write because as far as I could see, the rider fully contributed to the accident. 5:30 on a Friday night with a posted limit of 70kmph on a 3 lane busy main road is not the the time to be weaving (filtering/splitting) in and out of traffic. I won't say that he was speeding but I will say that I was traveling at about 68kmph and he passed me with ease (as he nearly clipped the front of my car as he filtered between me and the car beside).

Please be careful people!!! He was probably riding home to be with his wife and kids to watch TV or maybe go home and take his son to the cricket.

What I'm trying to say I guess is : IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU! Don't end up a statistic (and another reason to give us a bad name) through your own risk taking behaviour. I pulled over to see if I could help (I have first aid training) and there was already a nurse tending to him (looks as though he broke both his femurs) but there were people waiting to be witnesses to police that he was riding erratically and putting others in danger.

I hope this makes a few people think before they engage in dangerous riding practices.

Cheers...... and stay safe.

2. Re: Be carefull.....

I went past this scene just after 6 pm, and there was a blanket covering a patient on a stretcher.

Didnt look at all good - as the blanket was completely over the patient, head and all.

Hope I saw it wrong.