Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down - ride on.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chairman, Jul 31, 2005.

1. No, not an accident. Just a rider who grew old, and wore out.

Some Netriders will remember my stories of my grandad - I've written about him before. He was 92, and rode motorcycles all his life. Harley sidevalve with sidecar, Ariel Square Four, the 1000cc Matchless, Panther, Norton, AJS and BSA - there weren't many British marques he hadn't owned.

Tommorrow I give his eulogy. Goodbye to a good mate.
  2. Sorry to hear about your loss Mark :cry: :cry:
  3. So sorry for your loss but sounds like he had a brilliant innings and just look at the legacy he left in his offspring & their offspring , Oh well he had a good innings hope the end was peaceful & painless!
  4. I'm sure he's back out on there in spirit tearing up the road :biker:
  5. Mark,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

My thoughts are with you in your time of need.

Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

6. Sorry to hear about your loss.. He definately sounds like he had a full and fun filled life.. You're never riding alone now!
  7. How disappointing :( Sounds like he was a great mate indeed. So sorry to here Mark.
  8. Sounds like he played a fine innings you can be proud..........best wishes mate.
  9. Sorry to hear the bad news but 92 years of riding thats some hell of a life to celebrate.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
  10. A good innings.
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    My grandfather passed on at 96 and I bet he was spewing he didn't hit the ton.
  11. condolences and thoughts chairman

Glen,Nicky and the boys .
  12. Sorry for your loss Mark, it sounds like you lost not only a good "oldman" but also a good mate. My father in law rode a 1938 Panther, we have a picture on the wall of him and his bike, complete with the regulation leather flying helmet ... must have been hair raising times.
  13. 92, eh?
    That's brilliant. What great memories he must have left for you and your family in that time.
    Condolences, mate, and treasure them all.
  14. Sorry to hear that Mark. His love of the older classic bikes (probably new though in his day) obviously has been carried on by yourself.
    Best wishes, Brian
  15. Sorry to hear. Grandads are the toughest to loose.
  16. Best wishes Mark.
    Great innings and obviously rode well.
    Brian and Eleanor
  17. Mark, sorry to hear of your Granddad's passing.
  18. Condolences Mark, enjoy the memories!
  19. Sorry to hear about your loss, Mark. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.