Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down - petertadhg

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pete, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Well I was hoping Id never have to write one of these but yesterday was heading down to Bunnings for a mate of mine and got to a T intersection and was turning left, a guy in a 4wd was turning right into the street I was exiting decided to cut the corner and ran straight into me, knocking me off the bike.

Police and ambulance arrived quickly and did their thing looks like the guy will be charged with something .

Went to hospital had xrays of wrist and knee, wrist is broken and in plaster knee is just very sore. Woke up this morning pretty much sore all over, got on the phone to the TAC ,Work and police and all that stuff.

Guy who hit me was very sorry and even rang me this morning to see how i was going.

As for the bike well it looks a bit sad really, Basically from what i can tell I need new front wheel , forks, mirrors, radiator, clutch lever, gear lever and foot peg. Getting it transported down to Jeffrey Honda tommorrow for quote.

My helmet is stuffed from where i headbutted the road, did its job well.
    Gloves r bit marked and draggins saved my legs from gravel rash also not a mark on em! Jacket is also pretty right a few skuffs is all.

Basically I think myself pretty lucky , could have been a lot worse.

Cheers Pete.
  2. geez mate, sounds like a hard crash but at least you're alive with no broken anything!!

hopefully the driver has learnt his lesson & will now be more aware of bikes. Sounds like he was pretty remoseful.

Glad you're ok, wishing a quick recovery.
  3. Bugger!
    Nice of the bloke to ring up and apologise and see how you were even if he was being a bit of a tosser for doing what he did shows there still may be some compassion in this world.
    Speedy recovery.
  4. Sorry to here about your off Pete.

The guys at Jeffrey will do a good job. I had an off 3 years ago and they did a great job on the repair.

You're in good hands with them.
  5. Thinking of you, I feel your pain literally at moment. Best wishes go out to you
  6. excep wrist :)

"Went to hospital had xrays of wrist and knee, wrist is broken and in plaster knee is just very sore"
  7. If you are going to go to Jeffrey, why not take it to original finish.

Do Jeffrey actually do repairs or do they just farm it out to the likes of Original Finish?

Just something to think about.

Sorry to hear about your off.
  8. well I'm a dumbarse for missing that bit!!!!!!
    Still wishing a speedy recovery!
  9. Unlucky mate good to see your ok except for the wrist nice to see the driver acyually gives a sh1t thats pretty rare
  10. Bugger mate, I wish you a speedy recovery.

11. Gee! And it looked like such a beautiful day. Hope you and your bike heal up quickly.
  12. Hope you have a speedy recovery mate :!:

good luck with the bike, from what I've heard about Jeffrey's I'm sure she's in safe hands there...
  13. Arr pants, bad luck mate.
  14. Bugger, that's a pain in the wrist and knee. Still it could have been a lot worse and it's nice to hear the guy who hit you is showing some concern.

All the best for a speedy recovery. :)
  15. Don't we all mate.

Get well soon
  16. OUCH... sorry to hear about you crash... at least he phoned to check. Most crashes are hit run and let the insewerats company to fix it..
  17. sorry to hear about your off, Took a 4WD to get you off the Vtr though.
    Heal up soon.

I think you can join " The pathetic Stack Squad #2"
  18. no good mate, but at least insurance should be a piece of cake since the driver admitted fault etc etc.

take it easy.
  19. hope you have a fast recovery... and that the aches and pains go quickly :)
  20. Bad luck, mate, but once again good gear proves its worth.

Here's hoping your medical care is top-notch, and your bike repairs are likewise P:grin: