Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider Down - No, but........

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Jul 30, 2005.

1. 7:00pm last night.

Was sitting in my car at a set of traffic lights.

AU Falcon got a green arrow to turn right into the road I'm sitting in.

AU takes off and turns to do a U turn.

Turns right at least 2m too early.

Over the narrow concrete median & a Keep Left sign.

Instead of stopping and backing off the sign the driver just continued to drive over it.

Should've heard the grinding noises the AU was making as it was driven to the side of the road.

Didn't stop as I had a car full of people and was heading out for the night but it would've been a no injury crash except for the no claim bonus & wallet of the driver.

Thought I'd share it with you guys.

By the way, I could help myself and had to call it a Rider Down thread :p
  2. Maybe drunk ? probably why he kept going.
  4. Probably someone else's car!!!!!
  5. bah it's a falcon who cares \:D/
  6. THAT'S a promising way to start the day, have you got your tin helmet on??? :LOL:
  7. until i get my bike i must endure the stress of driving a cholden astra
  8. I saw a lady do that in a little Corolla once in the carpark at Woden Plaza. She misjudged the turn-in into the carpark and drove up onto the kerbing that divided the in lane and the out lane.

The poor little car ground to a halt with all four wheels of the ground, neatly suspened by the kerb and going nowhere.

After a few minutes and realising that it wasn''t going to move by her effort or the effort of all the other people who were trying to help her, she retired to the nearby coffee shop and waited for the tow truck. Was very funny.

9. You are a brave man to admit that :LOL:
  10. This happens so often in the supermarket carpark next door,
    That I keep the "snatch strap" on the passenger side floor :p

Yup, my trusty Landcruiser gets to save idiots who don't watch where they're going :LOL:
  11. "Snatch Strap". Such a misleading term :? ...