Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down - me.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by scooter, Jun 29, 2005.

1. All was going so well, the sun was shining, not a cop in sight, and I had put a smaller front sprocket on for some extra zip.

You may have realised by now that all the right ingredients to do something silly have been mentioned, but wait there is more, I WAS WEARING NO PROTECTIVE CLOTHING - NOT EVEN A HELMET!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I had just come round the bend and with that lower gearing the front just wanted to come up.
    I was all silly grins and just had to give it a handfull, loose gravell and bang over it went, I landed on my left ar$e cheek and the bike landed on me.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it hurts, thank the chemist for Voltaren, because now I look like michael Jacksons Skin treatment in reverse. ( Well half my butt does anyhow)

Worse still I had an audience, but on the fortunate side they know me and have willingly accepted the foolish things that I have done in the past, so were not at all surprised by the 'funniest home videos production that I had just pulled.

Financially I have some cosmetic repairs to do, but that is about all, and I think I have been banned from riding my son's fast 50 around the back yard in the future.

:p :p :p :p :p :p

2. fark.

These things happen in 3's, and now hopefully with mine, matt232's and yours, all the bad motorcycling karma is gone.

Get better soon mate.

3. All the bad vibes are now dispelled and the Merimbula ride should be fine!

4. Lucky your weren't on an 80...

5. jeez mate, bit silly eh... :shock:

glad there weren't any innocent garden gnomes hurt!!!! :?

:LOL: :LOL: :p :p :p :p :p

6. TOO RIGHT!!! :shock: :D

7. While painful loosing skin while on a bike is a great way to learning a lesson. gear be good.....exposed skin be bad.

I hope you sleep ok...I found that was the hardest part finding a way to lie without causing myself more pain.

8. Am i the only one that can see it was a bit of backyard sillyness on a peewee fifty?

Bet it still stings though. Wear it like a badge while you got it.

9. good to hear your in good spirits scoot. :)

10. hey! I saw it as well :shock:

Hence the garden gnome bit :wink:

Well written by the way, the "not a cop in sight" bit was a nice touch :p

JJ

11. Well the way my ar$e feels some 8 hours after the event, I am beginning to think that the garden gnome scenario would have been a hell of a lot less painfull. :oops:

12. More than 3's. Mickdundee did his arm a while ago and mudguard (mark ewart) is in RMH with a fractured pelvis broken ribs & broken nose after running up the rear of a car last weekend...

13. I gotta admit, you had me fooled until the garden gnome made an appearance. Great piece of writing. What is it that they say, the worst accidents happen at home?????
    Bwhuhahahahahahahaha