Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down, lost my brother

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Nocker, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Sadly my brother died in a motorcycle accident on Friday night.

There are many varied stories of what exactly happened but basically he was trvelling along Cantebury Rd toward the city and a 18 year old P plater pulled out in front of him, causing him to T-bone her. Ambulance came and he didn't make it to the hospital.

He was 23 (turning 24 in September).

Sorry for the sad news.

Very short story here
  2. My deepest condolences Nocker.
  3. That's just rotten :(

And that makes me mad. :evil:
  4. My deepest sympathy and condolences for you and all you family
  5. Very sad to hear. Condolences to yourself and your family.
    Was he on Netrider also?

Whilst little from us will help ease the loss, if you feel some exposure might help police and/or courts with appropriate justice then drop us an email.
  6. Heart goes out to ya Nocker. I cannot begin to understand what your going through.
  7. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. :( :( :(
  8. Prayers and thought are with you. :(
  9. Extremly bad news Nocker. Condolences to you and your family.
  10. My condolences
  11. No he wasn't on Netrider.

I'm not sure what is happening with the police, courts etc. Just wanted to make a point for everyone to keep a keen eye out for any dangers at all times.

I've not really accepted it at this point. Just been keeping myself so busy so that I don't have to think about it. On Saturday I changed the oil and washed the bike. On Sunday I changed the brake pads and cleaned the chain.

I got really pissed off when after I did all the maintanence on the bike I took it for a test ride (as you do) and someone almost T-boned me after I'd gone no more than 100m. :evil: :evil: :evil: Was SUPER pissed at that! Some idiot chick just didn't even look to see me there.

She waved her hand in apology so it's not like I could blast the hell out of her. She knew exactly what she did wrong and was apologetic about it. Really got to me considering my state of mind.
  12. very sorry to here this.

i remember you posted a story about your brother some time ago.
    got to remember all the good and the bad times you had with him,
    as they are the most precious.
  13. Sorry to hear about your Loss.
    No words can describe what you and yours are feeling at this point or in future but our sincerest condolences and sympathy go out to you and yours from our family. :cry:
  14. that really sux nocker.
    not many of us here could even begin to understand the sadness you and your family are feeling right now.
    my most heart-felt condolences to you and yours.

it is important for you to look after yourself at the moment.
    there will soon be a time when your brain will decide that you have to tackle the emotional hurdle that is ahead of you. there is no time line, nor hurry to go down this path, so just let it happen.
    if you know you arent going to be able to focus 100% on what you are doing, please dont venture out on your bike or in a car.
    look after yourself dood.
  15. Yeah I had posted about a couple of rides I went on with him. Feel real bad cause I pretty much trashed him during my posts.

You really regret all the bad/negative things that you say and think when you loose someone.

If anyone here is having a squabble with a loved one swallow your pride and make up! It is really hard if something horrible happens and you don't get the chance to do so.
  16. I am deeply sorry for your loss

17. This is very sad news, I'm also 23 turning 24. I feel great sympathy to you and your family. Our prayers are with you.
  18. Thats really sad. There's no way to describe your loss, but our thoughts are with you.
  19. Nocker, deepest sympathys to you and your family.

I know there is nothing any of us here can do to bring your brother back, but remember that we are all here to help you get through this.

Cam, Leigh & Caity
  20. My sympathys to you and your family Nocker.