Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider down, Clyde Mountain 3/12 info???

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Beebs, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

On the way home from the coast yesterday afternoon at about 1pm came across the scene where there were already several other riders helping out and several other cars had stopped. Scene was under control so kept driving but my thoughts were with the rider all afternoon.

Just wanted to know if he/she was ok? and if anyone had any info. Wasnt the friendliest of bends and im sure the oil slick on the Clyde earlier wouldnt have helped.

2. Hey Beebs,

You didn't happen to notice what kind of bike it was did you? Or even colour/style?

About half my group went home via Clyde yesterday... haven't heard from any of them since... hope it wasn't one of them :(

3. i dont know who it was but if it helps, it wasnt fatal... :?

its no surprise after the waste oil truck (delivering burner fuel to our plant) tipped over last week, they are still there mopping up oil. the worst portion has been profiled and is being prepared for a DG AC10E overlay by yours truly.

i heard (and this is only foul slander and gossip) that it was a cornering issue after going through the sand/oil slick.
  4. Non-fatal... well that's a relief anyway!

We all knew about the oil spill (which was why I took the shorter way home via Brown Mountain rather than the Clyde...)

Well I hope that whoever it was is not too badly injured :( :( :(
  5. Not sure what type of bike it was, there were 3 or 4 bikes parked near by (from rider who had stopped), didnt want to rubberneck to much, we all know what trouble that causes...