Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rider at rest in the Royal

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ljiljan, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Had some time to kill so went for a tootle through the RNP. As I was coming to the exit at Otford, I came up behind an outfit tootling a lot more gently than I was. Rather than having a compartment, there was a flat bed. On the flatbed was a coffin.

Passed him and continued to bald hill. A few minutes later, the guy, old bugger 70's at least, arrives got off and had a smoke. For three minutes no one said a word. As he was leaving the jackass who runs the icecream van made a crack about the coffin being empty. Won't be buying anything from that idiot anymore.

While it most likely didn't mean anything to his now (I assume - coffin was pink) ex-wife, it certainly did to him and having one last ride together through the valleys and forests and by the ocean is not a bad way to part. It was terribly sad and beautiful at the same time.
  2. I'm touched by that story Lilley.
  3. Naw... That's so nice.
  4. Cheers to you, old bugger...