Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ride to Bathurst Monday 8 June 2009

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Rocet, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Planning a trip with a friend to put some K's on my new bike Monday 8 June 09 if anyone is interested meeting up.

The plan is to Meet at Charlies Aroma Cafe, Raymond Tce Springwood, NSW at 0900am for a quick Coffee.

From there, head down Hawkesbury road to Richmond, onto Kurrajong Road becoming Bells line of Road for 60 odd kms becoming Chifley Road becoming Main for about 18kms.
    Onto the Great Western again for 60km out to Bathurst where we can stop for lunch. (some may like to try out the Mount Panorama Race track :shock: ) Coming back we can either use the Great Western towards Sydney or O'Connell Road to Oberon then onto Duckmaloi Road, Jenolan Caves Road joining the Great Western back at Hartley for the trip back towards Sydney.

I think this should just about finish the day as I think its about 5 hours ride without a lunch stop and about 360kms all up.

Anyhow thats the plan so far. Will place another post tonight to see how many are interested, and to check to make sure the weather will be ok etc. I envisage a post by 9pm.

HOPE TO SEE SOME OUT THERE!!!!! :grin:

2. I wish I had seen this post earlier as I had Monday free up until this morning. Sorry but committed elsewhere now. "Not Happy Jan"!
    Sounds like it would be a good days ride too. :( Even better on your new ride enjoy!

Tosh.

3. Hi
    Would like to join you on your ride if I don't have any jobs ring through in the morning so will try and be there at least for part of the ride ,will let my mate know and he may go as well .. :grin:

4. Looks like a goer at this stage

Looks like a goer at this stage although the weather man thinks there could be some rain near Bathurst.
    My mate looks like he cant make it, but see what happens. May be a solo affair. :grin:

5. Will check posts in the morning about 7.30am and the weather ...cheers

Jason

6. A few showers predicted near bathurst. May have to modify the trip slightly as I dont really feel like rain and 8 degrees.

7. I will see you around 9am at springwood but only have time to go to lithgow.

8. Nice cool ride today to lithgow, good to meet you Dave and look forward to going on some more rides soon.. :cool:

9. Great ride with a great bunch of people.
    Thanks mike for finding the missing bolts on my brakes, I owe you guys some beer!
    Ill certainly be having something to say to the dealer tomorrow.
    Maybe a ride next weekend huh? :grin: