Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ride safe people.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TRA, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3 bike prangs in brisbane today. I saw one, and it always has an effect on me. Not good news, I think the whole motorcyling community needs to get those stats down. Ride safe people, stay alive. I have lost 3 mates to bike accidents, and one is still fresh in my mind. I dont want to see people down and out.

2. ive lost 2 uncles from bikes, life does go on though
  3. Yups. It sucks dude. Chin up though. ;)
  4. Double post alert... but for good reason.

TRA... I don't know you... but I've noticed a couple of posts from you tonight about people you've lost. I just wanted to say that I understand where you are at. I am 26 and I have a list of people I've known that exceeds my years too. Some from accidents, some from illness, and some from suicide.

Most recently was someone I don't even know. I was lying in bed at 6am when I heard a crash. After a few minutes I started to feel uneasy because there were no sirens or lights and I had a feeling something was wrong. I got dressed, grabbed my old trusty torch from my security services days and went down the street. I found some poor bugger in his ute smashed against a pole.

Apparently he was gone before he hit the pole. Systolic arrest (aka. heart attack) killed him as he was driving and he left the road and hit the pole.

Anyway... Poor bugger was dead when I got there. Brought back a few memories of people that I've known.

If there's one thing I can take away from it though, it is this... He was at peace when I found him. I wish I could tell his family that, and I hope the police told them too.

Anyway. If you are feeling down and feel like you can't talk to anyone, just know that there are people out there that have seen things, and that they do understand.

Cheers mate. Hope things get better. :)
  5. I can take it on the chin these days, so to speak. You get used to it, does not make it any easier though. However, seing that bike on the ground to day kinda hit home a bit, especially after attending a funeral for a mate who died on a bike a month ago. Made me ride a little more aware and careful on the way home, and I thought maybe I could just push that feeling on to other riders.
  6. It's a rider down thread but I won't delete it It will remain locked though. It serves as a reminder that we are mortal and we need to take care out there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.