Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ride report - Ducati Sport 1000

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Gromit, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Oooooo, I like the idea of wired wheels, standard on the bike. It's been a while since that sort of thing was around on a Ducati. :D :D :D
  2. Yeah, I like it too, for all the usual reasons, but I STILL can't come at the exhausts, despite the designer's justification of them. And seven thousand quid is a lot of folding for a bike that will only do 145 mph.
    (But since when is the head important; let's go with the heart? I'd have one anyway!!)
  3. I can see your point on the pipes.
    One of my club mates came up with his own version of this retro bike a number of years ago. From memory, he had custom made high rise pipes that come up to each of the sides of the seat.
    He also has one of those silver fibreglass tanks in the Paul Smart style where you can see the fuel level from the side. A literal fuel gauge. Very cool. 8)
  4. Well i like it, classic styling and modern materials, i bet it rides well through the corners as well.............

I placed 7 images on my photobucket account, the fairing version is

cheers ratty
  5. To my eyes, the fairing looks too bulky. Should be slimmed down a bit.

On the subject of retro - did anyone notice the new Triumph Scrambler that was parked outside the Expo? Very nice. :D
  6. Seen pics of the scrambler, not sure about it tho, again the pipes are a bit iffy.