Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Richmond to Albion Park

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by korbail, Aug 27, 2014.

1. So apart from the main roads from Richmond to Albion Park. What are some good rides around the Albion Park area that people have been?

2. Albion Park NSW is at the foot of Macquarie Pass which is motorcycle heaven. You can ride up the 'Pass' from Albion Park pass through Robertson, hang a left and end up at Fitzroy Falls, down through 'the Falls' to Kangaroo Valley, Cambewarra through to Bomaderry, along Bolong Rd through to Gerroa, Gerringong, then the Kiama bends, then left through Jamberoo and arrive back at Albion Park. A few hours of pure enjoyment.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep that says it all.......but I think the roads are still under roadwork through Gerringong/ Gerroa? Not sure because haven't been there for a while because of the RAIN and work.....
  4. roadwork is only a couple of km of straight section before the bends, not really a hassle.

Burrawang pub is a nice alternative to pies, and just a few minutes down the road.
  5. Hi caz64,

The only bit of roadwork is at the Omega level crossing , 1km north of Gerringong which doesn't impact in anyway. My last ride through there was about 8 weeks ago, but I very much doubt there is any additional roadwork anywhere along the route I mentioned..
  6. Ta, thanks for the update!!!!
  7. oldcorollas,

Yep, forgot about that little bit after the railway crossing going up the hill. As you said it finishes before the twisties so you can still enjoy yourself.
  8. I concur with everything said including Burrawang pub.
    No better place to spend 2 - 3 hours on a bike.
  9. Right at the moment the roads are sodden and dangerous, but in principle, Bandit's got it in one...
  10. Thanks guys, I heard there is a dog beach at Gerringong wonder if the dog would want to come for a ride