Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RHOK Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Sneeky, Aug 16, 2015.

1. It is to my understanding that RHOK helmets were discontinued in Australia due to the insane costs of certification. With the new laws coming in for Victoria allowing helmets approved for use in America, do you think we may see them re-emerge on our shores?

2. try PMing TakamiiTakamii he may still be around.
  3. Why cant you just order one from the uk?
  4. Maybe there's no A/S compliance sticker on imported helmets?
  5. Have been able to buy the same helmets fom overseas for cheaper for years.
  6. where from?
  7. I priced a shoei gt air on the weekend, it was something ridiculous like $799 or $899 (I'm sure I could find a cheaper one and there's a few deals on at the moment where you get 15% off new helmet when you trade your old one in), but got home and immediately on eBay the exact same helmet in same colour scheme with same tinted slide down sun visor, identical helmet, shipped free from England for $683. That's no incentive at all to purchase from Australian dealer... I like to build rapport with my suppliers but I don't like paying through the teeth to do so. Maybe they could price match. Can't find a store yet that will match foreign sales though. And I have found that most Aussie stores (particularly in Sydney) are more for rampant profiteering than customer service.