Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RGV250 Questions....

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MIK20B, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Hey guys and gals. Just bought a 1991 RGV250, pain $2400. I had an RD250 before this bike. I just wanted to know anything i could about my bike this i my first port of call. I will order the workshop manual tomorrow if available, but thought id ask here for any on road problems, good bad things i should know. Any help is much appreciated, thinks.

2. Thanks for the reply. the bike has done 20,078km to be exact and yes will prob need a rebuild. it will be getting done soon. what would an aprox cost for the parts be?
    i know they arnt learner legal but what were rules made for.... i have always wanted an rgv since i saw the pepsi model this one came up so i got it. it is a weekend sunny day thing so hopefully if luck is on my side i wont get done...
  3. Come on guys, some of you must know info on these bikes...... any help is good help!
  4. Dude, checkout the OCAU.MC forum. There is a guy on there called Johnie5, he is a mechanic and has an RGV250 too. He may have the answers that you are looking for.

Yeah - for a poorly maintained one it may be true. My NSR has done almost 20K clicks and the cylinder compression is still on the money and no leaks of any kind so far. It kicks over with one or 2 kicks from cold. My mates NSR did over 35,000kms before he seized a cylinder (due to not rejetting after installing a few go fast mods on his bike).

But then again, we are talking of RGV's (aka a thrash machine) :eek: , So you may indeed be up for a rebuild.

Not sure how much a rebuild would cost for an RGV, but I'd hazard a guess in the $400 - $600 ball park.
  5. This site will tell you all you need to know.....