Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RGV250 bike project (exterior) - Need your opinion!!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by fastkid, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Hi guys just to keep you updated on what im doing..

I bought a Suzuki RGV250 a while back. Problem is I bought it with small mechanical problems and POOR condition fairings.

However it is my endevour to clean up my lil beast. This is what im doing:

- Replacing the top fairing and 2 side fairings due 2 heavy cracks from previous owner. Picked up second handies with no cracks all for $200
    - Stipped, cleaned and then respray in pearl blue (top, 2 side fairings and tank) and respray in pearl white for back seat fairing and wheels. $250 Also a clear coat of primer UV protection thingy.
    - Awsome looking "RGV" sticker and Hayabusa symbol stickers $50
    - Tint screen $40
    - Cat eyes indicators (There little but bright with carbon fiber looking) $60
    - Assembly (fairings and indicators) $80

Just in case you cant add the total is: $680

Should be one hell of a clean bike after that. Does anyone have any other suggestions? do you think I could get anything cheaper or better parts? Please let me know..

Thanks in advance!

2. sounds great
    can we some progress pics ??
  3. yep just once I buy the fairings and indicators Ill post pics. Steve
  4. Instead spending money on cosmetics, I'd be pulling the top end down and performing a full inspection. Including a powervalve overhaul. Also check the reeds, carbs, clean the expansion chambers and rebuild the forks (new oil and seals). Only then would I bother with fixing the cosmetics.