Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RGV Gearbox Oil

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Slade, Mar 5, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    For those interested, this is the oil I pulled out of my bike today :(

Going to check it in a week again, and just hope its ok...
  2. :shock: Looks like a good vintage. On the plus side looks like you might have just reduced the weight of the bike by a few hundred grams.
  3. that looks about right for a rgv. The second gear rubs alot leaving alot of crap in the gearbox.
  4. Ohh, so its normal wear and tear for a RGV you reckon? Kind of good to here.... kind of lol...

It has slipped out of 2nd 2-3 times now while on the power hard between changes... Might be time to look at fixing that if it gets any worse
  5. Thats the one. Second gear slip. It sure is a pain in the arse. Can be very dangerous too.
    to fix the slip u can change the 2nd gear or undercut the gear( i think thats what the process is called). Pain in the arse getting everything out to get to the transmission, and once ur in there its even worse.
  6. I read working on the boxes in rgv's is a very simple process , as they can be accessed without dropped the motor...

Or atleast easy to get them out..

have heard getting the gear undercut is rather expensive :|

Being that it is not to bad at the moment I will leave it and just have to be a little more gentle in 2nd when I first select it me thinks... (hah)

Thanks for the info though