Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Revs fluctuating issue [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by v-petn, Mar 5, 2009.

1. HI guys,

I noticed that when I come to a stop, the revs stay up at 3500 to 4000 revs for a while before it comes back to 2000... If I let out the clutch a bit, it comes back down to 2000 revs...

does anyone know what's wrong with it? Is it a simple thing like adjusting the revs or do I have to take it to a mechanic and get them to have a look at the carbs?
  2. What colour horse you riding bloke?

(HINT - more information!!! :grin: )
  3. Flux Capacitor need recharging.
  4. Someone will know this better than me but doesn't mixture affect how fast/slow revs drop off once the throttle is closed?

I asume letting the cclutch out just causes the revs to drop off as you load the engine.
  5. :rofl:
  6. need more info but at a guess throttle bodies need balancing
    accelerator cable needs a lube
    bike is rooted
  7. Hey guys,

It's a cbr250rr... I've fixed the problem... Turns out it's nothing to do with the carbs... I was in the process of installing my yoshi pipe and noticed the stock pipe is missing the exhaust gasket.. SO basically it was leaking air and no back pressure.

After installing the new exhaust and properly sealing it, the problem is now gone
  8. Hmmm I find it hard to believe, I think you should be prepared in case the symptoms return.
  9. Same here... I was very surprised it resolved the issue. That wasn't my goal. All I wanted was to install the exhaust properly...

I rode in to work this morning... 25 kms and it did not do it once... Before it would do it at ever set of lights
  10. You didn't tell us that part earlier.

All you had to do was not stop at lights. :LOL: