Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

REVS check for interstate purchase.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by kimsj0123, May 30, 2007.

1. Hello fellow netriders.

I have a plan to purchase a bike from interstate and received all related information such as VIN,Engine No, and REGO No and did check for REVS and this is what I got.

There are no encumbrances that match the quoted identifiers.
    RTA check is not available for the state entered.

REVS cannot check your supplied identifiers with the RTA in the state the vehicle is registered.

Make sure you got the details from the vehicle.

If you didn't get the details from the vehicle, you need to physically check the details on the vehicle, to ensure they match with the Registration papers.

If you did but the details do not match with the Registration papers, it is advisable that the owner of the vehicle contacts the RTA in the state the vehicle is registered for an identification check.

So, my question is should I go for it or forget about it? I believe, REVS has not enough info, but want me to purchase the certificate for $12. I'm wondering whether I should ask the copy of REGO paper or not.

Thanks for reading

2. I'm in Sydney and seller is in VIC and just figured out that I can do REVS thing in VICROADS, but would like to know when should I purchase the certificate. On the day of payment?, On the day the vehicle is pickup by 3rd party transport? or scheduled day of arrival?

3. When i purchased mine interstate i was told by Revs that you're only covered if you do the check on day of purchase. :)
  4. Yeah, but I'd like more specific definition of day of purchase. :grin:
    Whether it is a day of payment over internet or day of pickup or day of delivery. :?
  5. Do it BEFORE YOU PAY so if the check comes back saying the bike is stolen or is financed you haven't handed anything over.
  6. Yes, I'll definitely do it before I pay, but they told me that it would only last a day, so just want to be cautious.

By the way, I'm also a member of netrider(paid few dollars), but why don't I get any member icon? :evil:
  7. Your first port of call for questions like that should always be the FAQ's. It's well documented.

8. call Vic roads on 13 11 71 and do the rves yourself