As most of you know, I sent the R1 down the track at Turn 8 at Phillip Island, on a cold and wet track while still attempting to scrub in a new rear tyre which suddenly let go. Bike was travelling at about 140kph at the time. Anyway, just as a sort of a project thread for myself, this will be a bit of a work diary about reviving it from its post-crash state. First, let's start with the aftermath shots. [img:800:600:83bb103373]http://www.employees.org/~slf/rebuild/aftermath1.jpg[/img:83bb103373] Smashed headlight assembly, pieces missing from front cowl, heavily scratched mirror, indicator mangled, clip-on bent, hand-grip is torn, bar-end weight heavily ground, as well as clutch lever. [img:800:600:83bb103373]http://www.employees.org/~slf/rebuild/aftermath2.jpg[/img:83bb103373] The alternator cover took a very heavy beating. It actually has a slow oil leak. [img:800:600:83bb103373]http://www.employees.org/~slf/rebuild/aftermath3.jpg[/img:83bb103373] Top left fairing was heavily ground, and cracked in numerous places. Hard to see from picture, but had worn right through along the top-fold. Can see the main fairing screw which has lost all shape from grinding. Have no pictures of it, but the instrument/cowl sub-frame had bent about 5 degrees to the right. I used a piece of wood and a rubber mallet to the other end of the wood to bash the sub-frame back into straightness again. Took about 20 to 30 good whacks.