Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

REV'IT Sand - women's gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Jozlyn, Jul 14, 2015.

1.  Top
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Whilst I don't own any Rev'it gear my hubby owns a Rev'it jacket and he swears that dollar for dollar the quality is much better than Dainese, Alpine Star etc - he was wearing his favourite Rev'It jacket when he had a major accident last year and the only damage to it is where they cut it off him - so you can understand why he bought a new one from them. He has tried other brands. His was leather but I would imaging that the quality extends to their whole range.

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Revzilla probably won't send Rev it gear to Australia.
    You will have to buy from the Aussie rev it.
    Good stuff though!

4. There's nowt wrong with Rev'It gear JozlynJozlyn from all reports it seems good value for money and good quality kit too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yep, I'll be getting it from the Aussie Rev'it, the US site just looked better with more info ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do you think that's 'cause there's an Australian Distributor? Or do you know of similar behaviour? No offence intended, just wondering.

I find sometimes that Revzilla's customer reviews can help give an idea of quality or suitability if you get a largish number of reviews and you get a spread of good vs. bad reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep. Some brands have wholesalers in different regions and don't won't them competing.
    Rev it Australia is far more expensive than Revzilla.
    The people who own the Revit store in QLD would miss out on most sales if they had to compete with USA pricing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Actually due to the low AU/US $ exchange rate at the moment, it's actually a few dollars cheaper to buy the gear here, even with the delivery fee! I'm sure I read somewhere on the Revzilla website that they post to Aus', but I wouldn't buy something like this from overseas anyway, just in case I need to return it due to the sizing being wrong. I'm not sure if it's the case with men's gear, but the sizing for women's gear is all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I bought a pair or revit enterprise waterproof pants from revit Australia 2 months ago and they have started leaking. In the process of claiming warranty now. All and all I'm not happy with their products. Just my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Women's sand pants?!?!

Now I know where 'that' expression comes from.... ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Their returns policy is very good, I'm sure that they'll give you a refund :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. They sure replied to me fast to my query. They wanted me to run a test according to their instructions. Gonna do it in the weekend and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Can you let me know how it went please?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sure will.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Zilby, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    I have REV'IT gear at home.
    Although it's summer gear, so I cant really give you an opinions on the sand jacket and pants.
    But in general REV'IT gives good value for money, and I think they're better then Dainese and Alpine Star.

By the way, you said you don't want to buy from a store abroad, but take a look what FC-MOTO offer:
    Revit Sand Ladies - FC-Moto English
    Revit Sand Ladies - FC-Moto English

Plus in addition you get 14% discount because you don't have to pay tax.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks! Yep, it's cheaper (without postage), but what if they're the wrong size? Going to be very expensive to send back for an exchange ;) The sizing on women's gear doesn't appear to be any more standard than the sizes of clothes in the shops. Safer just to pay the extra and know that I can return them easily.

17. Damn! this is the exact same pair I was looking at getting. I'll also await your test results!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi Guys. I tested the revit pants according to their specs. What they asked me to do is as follows
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Revit Instructions

To test your product I suggest immersion in a full sink of water with the leg openings and zippers held above the waterline. It’s good for you to see for yourself.
    If they leak, the water pressure will breach the membrane and, you’ll see seepage around the seam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the result is not good. I have attached images. Waiting for them to get back. Very disappointing for a pair which was $240. :( x6j2b.

• Like Like x 1
  19. They clearly leak and there's possibly just a problem with that pair. If they exchange them for you, you can test the new ones and if they leak too, then you can ask for a refund. Keep us posted Kumudu GunasekaraKumudu Gunasekara

20. Sure will keep you guys updated on what happens.

• Like Like x 1