Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld REV'IT! Jersey and Philly Jeans Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jul 18, 2015.

1. he REV'IT! Jersey and Philly jeans hit the formula just right, with style, comfort and performance.

They're made from Cordura Denim with Coolmax.

The wear points have an extra layer of the special REV'IT! "PWR | shield" abrasion protection.

This forms an extra layer in the seat and knees and the jeans come with Knox Lite knee protectors.

Put it all together and you have a comfortable pair of slightly stretchy jeans that can actually feel more comfortable than street/fashion jeans.

The PWR | shield layer was tested to 5.9 seconds of abrasion resistance, which REV'IT! claims is better than leather and denim/aramid fabrics.

The REV'IT! SeeSoft RV01 hip protectors are a 20-buck option that some could argue should be included, considering the list price of the jeans.

Bottom line?

Both the Jersey and Philly jeans are very comfortable -- albeit slightly heavy, due to the 12.5 oz. Cordura Denim.

They can easily transition from bike to work and back home...with a stop at the Pub on the way. And no one will be any wiser.

The REV'IT! Jersey and Philly jeans are a definite favorite. They hit that elusive "sweet spot" between comfort, practicality and protection.

Both are very comfortable and feel "broken in" right from the start. The touch of stretch fabric really helps when you're riding.

The jeans also have relatively good air flow in the hot summer weather. Yet, the fabric is heavy or thick enough that it should help in cooler weather also.

However, all of this goodness doesn't come cheap. These jeans have a list price of $289.99. It would be nice if the Seesoft hip protectors were included...

When all is said and done however, the combination of style, comfort and protection make them our current favorite motorcycle jeans and they look and feel like they'll last a long time.

We'd guess the price is about $100.00 more than many riders will feel comfortable with. But look at it this way: these can replace a pair or two of your other riding pants and they also serve double-duty, because you'll look good once you get to work. That has to count for something, no?

more ยป
  2. I can't wear jeans to work :(
  3. Regular fit/cut + external stitching = no buy from me.

Jack096Jack096 I agree and would probably give my left nut for a decent pair of black business pants that came with kevlar protection to ride to work in. I have been thinking about getting a pair of those kevlar inners to go under my work pants.
  4. I've tried on the black dragin chinos, but they just don't look sleek enough for to wear as work pants - too bulky/baggy.