Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rev'it jackets/pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Duffman, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Hi all

I'm after a good set of jacket and pants in the dual sport/adventure touring segment.

I want good stuff that will last me years to come. So that counts out my Dririder RallyCross jacket, because it just doesnt have the build quality.

I've come to the conclusion that its either BMW with their "Rally" jacket/pants 2 piece suit OR the Rev'it "Off Track" Jacket with their matching "Dakar" pants.

I've seen them on a friend, but he got them in the UK and said they were pricey but not as pricey as the BMW stuff.
    personally, i think its a fairly spiffy looking outfit;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

problem is I cant find them anywhere. Do they exist in Australia? anyone have any tips? Have emailed the company but have not heard back.

2. wow. looks cool. though a darker color would be better.

you're right. the premo gear is the BMW.

have you looked at: www.aerostich.com

3. Now that is a really good looking jacket. Wouldn't be seen dead in near white pants, my arse is big enough as it is. hehehe

4. I dont want to get into a debate about the merits or otherwise of lighter colour clothing, but for me personally, i feel more comfortable in bright/light jackets and pants. As everyone would know, the vast majority of bike gear is black (or at least dark).

Yes they do come it other colours in the inserts, i think blue, red, orange. The yellow was just as an example. The suit also comes in black if your that way inclined.

I put this same basic thread up on a number of forums and it appears that there is in fact no OZ distributor however the NZ mob are apparently "looking into" the possibility of servicing OZ. I have sent them an email but no response at time of writing this post :)

5. Nice gear. For a moment I thought some decent gear might be available in Australia, but no, not in Australia. It's pretty typical. I've been trying to track down Cortech products in Australia and we just don't have them.

Check out these Cortech GX Sport Jackets. Take a look at the material they are made from: Ballistic Polyester, high reflectives, well armoured... Australia just has dark, dark, dark gear. I'm totally pissed at the restricted imports here.

http://www.cortechperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=15&cat=25

and here are the three-season GX Air Jackets with Leather:
    http://www.cortechperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=10&cat=25

I've been into shops, scoured the Aussie sites and NOTHING comes close to this, ffs. Well, I like the Ixon stuff (particularly the Sismic grey, but... NO BRIGHT and NO REFLECTIVES). Extremely limited ranges here.

Everything is either too grand prix, too dark, too many logos or just poor shape (unless you want to look like you play American Football).

Also, here is a first on a forum: No URLs in the first five posts... omg, talk about creating one way to generate spam. Moderators, you guys should remove this policy as it really doesn't help anyone. In fact, I just got frustrated with the site. Other than that, fantastic to see such an active site about riding... invaluable.

6. Hi All

I wonder if anybody has some more updated information.

Is there any place where I could find Rev'it gear in Australia? So far I haven’t been able to find any shop that carries it.

Cheers!

7. Try contacting the manufacturer and asking if they have an Aussie distributer.

8. I've been looking at Rev'it gear too, but I don't think there is an Australian distributor. There are however a few online shops that carry their stuff and will ship overseas. Buying gear without trying it on first is a bit of a gamble, but it looks like it's the only way for us.