Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

REVIEW: Twist of the Wrist (I and II)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by boz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. I recently bought Kieth Code's Twist of the Wrist books through amazon.com, and thought I would give people my feedback on these.

Some disclaimers: First - They are oriented towards the track rider / racer. I am neither, however I have found a lot of the information useful to think about. Second - i do not push my bike even close to it's limits - it can definitely outride me. However, I do try to do things perfectly / properly so that I know if I am ever required to extend beyond my normal riding it won't catch me by surprise and to minimise the likelihood that I will revert to bad (sub-optimal) habits. And yes - some days I do extend beyond my comfort zone to remind me what I (and my bike) can do if necessary.

Now for my review: Excellent reading - recommended to all! With my riding experience I would say that I knew 80% of the information that he wrote about and included. About 15% I never thought about, but instinctively knew (but never realised I knew it). 5% made me think "never thought about it that way". So the books are only giving me 5% information gain. However, the benefit of these books is making me think about everything - making me realise what I know, what I don't know, what i actually do, and has made me critique all aspects of my riding whether I am just casually cruising or having a bit of fun. And because I am now doing this I do find myself realising how I can improve further, and extend my skills beyond what I currently have without comprimising my safety to do it.

The end.

2. I agree, I have both too and they do make excellent reading. Full of really positive information (Keith is very keen on positives) every motorcyclist should read them.

The first book is probably enough though.