Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Review - SCA Multi-fit Motorcycle Wheel Lock (Chock)

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Stukky, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Hi all

Have procured a Bike Lift (Eazy Rizer classic red) that really requires you to have the bike in an upright position to jack it up. I hope to do a review of this once I have used it for a bit.

So, I needed to get some form of wheel chock that the FJR 1300 could be pushed into hence no side or main stand down so the lift will work correctly.

Needing something reasonably quickly and cheapish, I located the SCA Multi-Fit Motorcycle wheel chock at Super Cheap Auto. List price is $109 but its currently on special at $99 which was a nice surprise when I shot down to pick it up.

The Chock was surprisingly well made, painted in a gloss grey it looks ok and everything fitted together without any issues. BTW the pivoting chock is back to front on this image.

Its made of 4mm Steel plate, the welds are nice and the fitments are zinc plated and solid.

The tilting chock can be moved to different pivot holes easily so you can adjust for different sized tyres. The FJR 1300 has a low air scoopy thing so I wondered how much clearance there would be when loaded the bike into it. Very close to scraping it (maybe 0.5mm) so I decided to cut the end of the Chock with the trusty angle grinder. No apparent affect on functionality and works fine.

The Wheel Chock should always be bolted onto the surface you are going to use. In my case, the concrete floor of the garage, but you would also use it on a Trailer. The floor mounting holes are 8mm - I used 6mm Concrete Screws so I could easily remove/replace it when I want to.

Although it takes a bit of a rev to get the pivot point, when the bike is mounted it is solidly locked in. You should probably add more security if working on the bike. Tie-downs on the handle bars to secure points would do the job i guess. I will be using the Eazy Rizer so not an issue for me.

Getting the bike off took a bit of rocking back and forth to get the pivot point so it will roll off but nothing more than expected or an average person should be able to manage.

Overall my rating is very good and based on prices for others it seems good value for money.

327. 333. 335.

Attached Files:

File size:
      172 KB
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Saw these the other day at Supercrap and wondered how good they are. Thanks for the write up (y)
  3. You are welcome. It was a pleasant surprise to buy something that was good quality AND well priced. The equivalent chocks that I could find were around $200 but maybe there are others around at bike shops etc just as good and well priced.
  4. These are quite often heavily discounted during sales. You'll see them going for $60 at times. I got mine for $50 just before Xmas.
    So if you're thinking of buying one, but don't need it urgently, it's definitely worth waiting for a sale.

And I can quantify everything said by Stukky. Great product.
  5. Sorry to bring up an old thread. I bought one of these and I'm pretty happy with it. I was a little confused about which way the pivoting chock is meant to go. As Stukky said above in the picture it is facing the opposite way to how he (and I) have installed it.

Just wanted to confirm with the experts here that Stukky and myself have installed it the right way (opposite to the SCA photograph).