Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Review of Full Set of Ventura Luggage

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by friction, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Cross post from https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=118156

Ventura is perhaps the biggest brand when it comes to luggage systems, in fact my bike came with a Ventura rack and Spada bag when I bought it second hand. I added the Delta bag (zips onto the other side of the L bracket attached to the Spada, the Monza panniers and the Thruxton tank bag.

While good in general, the problem with the Aero is that the plastic backing warps over time and creates quite a sharp edge, this causes problems when trying to get gear into it. It's also one of the few non-removable plastic backings so there seems to be no way to bend it back into shape.

The Delta was excellent, having two size settings meant I could zip it up and leave heaps of room for the pillion.

The Monza panniers were pretty horrible, the position of the velcro attachment means that they hang down quite low and I needed to use Andy Straps to connect the carrying handles to stop the right hand side from resting on the exhaust. Even though I was quite diligent in checking, at some point they rested on the exhaust and a hole got burnt in the bottom of one side. Not only can you not buy them individually, but the plastic zipper melted right along with it so now it's stuck on "small" size.

The Thruxton tank bag was excellent, expanding to an enormous size when necessary, and the magnets being sufficiently strong that I never felt it was insecure at any time.