Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Review] Nike Hardshell Backpack

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by dan, Sep 7, 2005.

1. I bought this the other day after I saw it at a Nike factory outlet, for $80 on discount from $130... not designed for bikes, but just what I needed.

I've been looking for a decent hardshell backback for a while, something that can handle being knocked around, left on wet ground, and keep what's inside safe in case of a drop or even a light fall. Well, this one is a semi-hardshell anyway... It has a plastic frame which essentially creates the bag's structure, so you're lunch won't get squashed short of you jumping on it. If you want a really bulletproof hardshell pack though, keep looking.

It has a snazzy water-resistant zip and rubber coated bottom pouch, which can be useful for leaving the bag in damp areas. The rest of the bag would benefit from the same treatment though, but the bag holds up to all but monsoonal rain and has a good lining.

Has a snazzy hidden pocket on the bag which could be useful for storing documents or papers that need to be kept flat. Has a plethora of pockets inside in clever places for storing things out of the way.

Anyway, I love the look of this bag; the padded foam shoulder straps mean it's incredibly comfy even fully loaded, you hardly know you're wearing even with heavy loads. It fits the contours of your body, has a chest strap and a detachable waist strap (not shown).

Bag Front
    Bag Back
    Bag Bottom
    Water Resistant Zip
    Bag Inside
    Bag Hidden Pocket
    Bag Hidden Pocket 2

2. yeah, but what about everybody ELSE'S body?

3. no, it's designed for one person's body at a time.

4.  Top
  5. Hardshell backpack you say? Hmmm.....

I can just imagine getting thrown off the bike, landing on my back, and unable to turn over....sorta like a beetle on its back, lol.

6. Has anyone seen the fast and the furious. If so then remember the asian gangs dudes riding the "Crotch Rockets", A.K.A Sportsbikes. Well they had female pillions and these girls had hard shelled back packs on. I've wanted one of these back packs ever since i saw the movie. You see them during the scene where they shoot up the green eclipse and it blows up.

7. Just back to the question of a crash. Could this hardshell inflict injury upon your back in the event of an off ?

8. If you want THE hardshell backpack check out a company called boblbee.

If you want a designated bike courier bag check out www.crumpler.com.au - These are the most comfortable and best quality bag. I have three of them.

9. Nice review. Thanks :)

10. .......ok that's just about the weirdest web-site of all time :shock: why i am still listening to its background music, it's strangely addictive! :LOL:

11. ooh they havea bag called "The Beer Back"... I like hte sound of that one :)