Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Review: Curse of the Golden Flower {May Contain Spoiler}

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cejay, May 16, 2007.

1. If you like colour, sound and action, see this film!

I saw this tonight with a friend. I wasn't particularly fussed about going to see it, but came out totally amazed.

The film is a story about love, betrayal and secrets. Add a little bit of incest, murder and ambition, with a huge amount of colour and fantastic sound make for a film that will leave you in awe of the acting and direction. The sheer visual spectacle of thousands of soldiers in bright uniforms in armed combat is worth the price of admission alone.

The pace of the film never leaves you looking at the time. There is always something happening. Even the scenes where they are merely walking
    with their servants there is something to see.

There is only one character I formed an empathy with. Just when you think you understand a character, the director makes you reassess your feelings. This is done so well you will be talking about it as you leave, whilst you are grabbing a meal or a drink later.

Margaret and David rated it highly. I normally am wary of films that Margaret gives 5/5 for, but in this instance I think she got it right.

2. I've had the DVD of this ever since you mentioned it, finally got around to watching it, as I am watching it now.. Brilliant movie. Thanks for the heads up about it :grin: Finally watching a movie instead of riding the bike due to crap wet weather!
  3. Might have to check this out.
  4. might have to have another look around for the DVD

wasn't widely released which is a shame
  5. It was Cinema Europa (Village) and I think all the niche cinemas. I thought I wouldn't like this film at all but was simply stunned with the colour, sound and acting. I will be adding this to my DVD collection as well!
  6. OMG, halfway through and in come the flying ninjas. HELLO BOYS!