Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reverse Brown Pants Moment

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by JAAS, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Installed a nautilus air horn on the Duke a few months ago after a few close SMIDSY’s. This morning I got to use it.
    Coming around a corner duel lane where I was in the outside lane side by side with a CAGE, this guy not looking starts to merge into my lane as his lane was coming to a stop. We are only travelling at 10km and I had an entire extra lane of un-occupied car parks on my left. So I let the majestic horn rip, one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. It looked like I had given him an instant epileptic seizure and the car screeched to a halt. What then followed was a lot of polite waving and I’m sorry if my lip-reading skills have any merit.

Did I say how much I love my Air Horn 139dB?:dance:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. What are you riding Jaas and how did you install it?
  3. S2R800, ebay for the horn, relay and cable (all in one package), installed it myself by replacing the existing horn. Took about 30min to install.

The cable goes to the battery, the relay I popped under the seat and ran the cable up the frame with existing cables so it looks stock.
    At the end of the cable you attach the stock horn cables and also attach the main power from the battery to the air horn.

Now when you use the horn button you have a 139db behind you.
  4. #4 wokwon, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I bought one but can't find anywhere to fit it on the vtr250. The bike is too small.

I have two on my car though :)
  5. May I just warn you, not to become too reliant on the horn. It's easy to do if you aren't careful, and a few drivers initially seem to hear it. Your low speed was a big factor in this case I suspect.
  6. #6 JAAS, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Love the picture, my bike is red with a white stripe, and the plate is FSM01.

have you been touched by his noodly appendage?
  7. Yes but I had to pay upfront :(