Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rev; vroom vroom

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Devery, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I don't know exactly what to explain here but maybe someone has some suggestions of how to solve what I'm experiencing here.

Lets just say I'm in neutral and stationary. When I give the bike some throttle the revs come back down really slow. At least I think its slow.... But when I kick it into first and take off, the revs drop and it runs fine. And it happens when I pull up to an intersection or anything.

Is there a problem here?
  2. It could be that the throttle cable(s) is sticking, you might need to adjust them or replace them. That's where I'd look first anyway...
  3. I doubt it's the end of the actual throttle, but I'll have a look. At the pump end, again I'll have a look.

But at the carb, could the problem be here? the cable from the pump to the carb?

I opened up the carb to see if there was anything blocking the flow when I had another problem, but could I have put something back incorrectly?
  4. I opened up the throttle and the carb and re-fitted the throttle cable and it seemed to do the trick. Must have been getting stuck somewhere. Thanks for your help!
  5. :rofl:

Me ----> :nail:

Thanks Matt. haha.