Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning to riding QLD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Dave72, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Hi everybody, my name is Dave (obviously ;p) and I am from QLD. I have not owned a bike since I was about 19, finally looking at getting back on 2 wheels. I am now 42 so it has been a LONG time between drinks. Looking forward to meeting some like minded people on here and learning as much as I can Cheers!

2. Welcome aboard, Dave, lots of terrific advice and news on NR. I had a 25 year gap before returning to riding last October. I was comfortable in traffic from the getgo even though drivers are far more inattentive now than in the 80s but it was probably about 800-1000 kms before I was really 'as one' with the machine.
    You'll pick it up again fairly quickly because, as they say, it's just like riding a bike :)
  3. Welcome Dave, got a bike yet ?
  4. Thanks DarrylD, is that your bike in the pic? Is it a Yamaha?
  5. Really hoping to get one in the next couple of months mcsenna, I really like the VT400 but hearing/reading a few people saying to get the 400 would leave you wanting more power pretty quickly. Tossing up between upgrading my RE O to R O and getting a VT750, or maybe a XVS 650. Having trouble deciding.
  6. Welcome. I got back into riding after divorcing the woman who kept saying no.

It's in the blood and never leaves you eh.

Welcome back.
    • Like Like x 1