Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning to riding. Looking at a GSXR 600 K8

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Avoidable, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting back on the road after about 2 years of non riding.

Currently I'm really really looking at a GSXR 600 K8. My last bike was a GS550F which I loved but got a little bored of before I stopped riding.

I'm looking for opinions regarding the "friendlyness" of the Gixxer 6 for a not inexpierianced rider, but one who may be a little rusty. I thought the concept of S-DMS may help out for the first few weeks. Any opinions on this feature from people in the know as to how the settings affect power delivery and such?

Any views would be great!

2. My friend just bought one and absolutely loves it, he came off a ninja 250 so he's still adjusting to the power stakes. Thats the only review i could give you, you wont get bored of this bike :cool:
  3. i wouldn't say it's the best idea in the world.

Are you sure you want to jump onto a (i'm assuming) brand new sportsbike after not riding for a while?

I'd get a 5 year old gixxer, or cbr600f, and ride that around for a bit until you're confident with what you're on. (ie something that won't bite your arse so enthusiastically; i've had the back end step out whilst tootling along fairly sedately, not fun)

Then get the shiny joy.

You'll enjoy it more too.