Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by tekon, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Hi,

Not exactly a new rider. But an older guy that let his licence lapse when moving from Qld to Vic in the middle eighties. Didn't have a bike then and thought I'd never ride again.

I was very wrong. Took up my L's last March and bought a 2012 Hyosung GT250R. Been hooked again since. Very quickly grew out of that bike and have now got a new Suzuki GSX650F. And loving every minute I spend on it.

The bike has been through its first 1000k service. The rate I'm going it won't be long until its next one.

I think (from what i see on the net) I'm like all the gsx650f owners. Ditch the OEM muffler. I've got a new Delkevic in the post now. Looking forward to seeing how that sounds.

Looking forward to reading through posts in this forum and maybe asking the odd question now and again.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to Netrider, and back to the roads on
  3. Welcome to Netrider, and back to the roads on two wheels!
  4. Howdy and welcome to NR. :happy:
  5. G'day tekontekon, welcome to Netrider. Congratulations for the new bike and license!
  6. Welcome to NR

And welcome back to riding. . A lot of us similar riders here.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well, the new exhaust arrived this morning and I've fitted it. Sounds and looks great.

Thanks all for the welcome messages.
  8. There goes hornethornet getting his post count up again ;)

Welcome tekon
  9. Welcome mate, plenty of us like you here, loving the life again!
  10. And I betcha you must be thinking 'why did I ever let my license lapse' OR 'why did I stay away for so long'
  11. It's a hard habit to break, even if I wanted to: back in the distant past I used to be one of only two moderators in charge of the Welcome Lounge....
  12. C'mon Paul.................. always a pleasure, never a chore ;)
  13. Of course I love it!!!!
    • Like Like x 1